Sunday, April 4, 2010

Why Humphrey?

The reason I'm writing a blog about Humphrey is because I find him to be quite the character.

I likely first met Humphrey (no this is not his real name; he might need a job someday) more than two years ago when I was a sophomore just like him. He claims that he made a visit or two to my modest dwelling (shithole) in Ashby Crossing, while I was living with his childhood friend Chris. Humphrey was just another high school kid who should not have been partaking in college activities yet. He also probably should not have been subjected to my affinity for nudity. But as he would say, "Fuck it. Do it live." (The phrase has no real significance 90 percent of the times he uses it, but it comes from a hilarious blow up of Fox's Bill O'Reilly.)



Now, Humphrey is where I was two years ago. He is living the college life to the fullest, while trying to keep his grades respectable. He enjoys his fair share of adult beverages like any other college student, but has an impressive ability to consume more than the average. He entertains his friends with catchphrases that include, "I'm American!," "Do it live," and "You rascals."

There's a good chance that my fascination with Humphrey has something to do with the part of me that doesn't want to leave this oasis in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. It might also have something to do with some similarities we share: love for country music, love for beer and a desire to make people happy through jokes and slightly absurd behavior.

I hope to write one entry a day and post a poll every few days on the right side of the site. I encourage readers to leave comments on the stories, vote in the polls and advise me on what can be done to improve the site. Bear with me as the site may look different while I upgrade it. I haven't yet found a site(s) that I will try to use as a motivation for this one.

The next entry will tell you a little more about Humphrey and the other characters that associate with this rapscallion.

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. i don't understand why this isn't called "Hangin with Mike McGuiness"

    ReplyDelete