Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Next Peyton Manning (Part 3)

While Humphrey is on the sideline he comments on my Italia Soccer shirt.

"I've been to Italy," Humphrey says at his usual decibel level, far higher than necessary. "It was nice, but if it was between it and America, I'm choosing America. That's the obvious choice."

Humphrey jumps from one point to the next. My correspondent Big Chris -- not to be confused with Chris -- catches an interaction between Humphrey and a co-ed.

Co-ed: "Can we come sit next to you?" she asks while holding a puppy -- half chocolate lab, half corky.

Humphrey: "No, I'm stretching," replies the burly youngster as he does lunges.

Co-ed: Sits down with her pooch anyway.

Humphrey: "How old are you now?"

Co-ed: "I'm seven weeks," she says speaking for the dog.

Humphrey: "Damn, you grow fast! How old is the dog?"

See part 4. (Clearly it isn't easy to condense one night into less than a few parts, but Hangin' with Humphrey is a new publication and we'll work on it. Thank you for bearing with us during our launch. You're a "doll" like the McDonald's cashier Humphrey cooed last weekend.)

No comments:

Post a Comment