Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Next Peyton Manning (Part 1)

When I got back to the building tonight, Humphrey was nowhere to be found. It was 15 minutes before game time, so I ran to my place to start a load of laundry.

As I walked back to Humphrey's building, I found him on the side lot drinking a rum and coke. He was well on his way. Clad in a '97 Mickey Mouse shirt and a raggedy ol' hat that says "so many beers, so little time," he was ready to play quarterback. He ran inside and filled one of those drinking receptacles that kids had in peewee soccer. He filled it with rum and coke. We were off.

I don't really follow Humphrey everywhere, but Pat, from upstairs, wanted to watch the game because he is even obsessed with the most amateur sports. (I feel sorry for his future kids if he ever does get laid. He is going to live vicariously through them like no sports dad before.)

Pat and I filled some feminine looking water bottles with Olde English and went to the UREC upper turf.

See part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment